Friday, April 15, 2011

Apple Snags Additional Dead Weight To Take Into the Cloud

After reading Preston Gralla's article (on Apple's newest cloud ballast) over at ComputerWorld, I immediately had the following thoughts:
If I were looking for a big gun to lead a team into the cloud, I wouldn't hire someone from Microsoft, the company that thought that the Internet was just a fad and to this day, still thinks in terms of shrink wrapped, slowly upgraded software w/ fewer iterations a year than Google has in a quarter. 
Want to soar in the clouds? Microsoft will rent you a hot air balloon chained to the earth. You may get a little lift, have a nice view, maybe even feel an elevated breeze, but you will be going nowhere.
Apple has all the legacy ballast they need. Steve should have poached someone from Amazon or even Google - someone that thrives in the misty altitudes of the cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment